September 8, 2022 Special Meeting Agenda Available, including updated OCP, Bylaw No. 800, 2022
On September 8, 2022 Council may consider Second Reading of OCP Bylaw. No. 800, 2022.
Please note that following Council Procedure Bylaw No. 728, 2019, public input is not permitted at this meeting as this bylaw will have its own opportunity for public input at the public hearing (date to be determined).
The September 8th, 2022 meeting will begin at 5:00 p.m. Attend in person to listen at Municipal Hall, Council Chamber or watch/listen online.
The Public Hearing can be scheduled if OCP Bylaw, No. 800, 2022 is given Second Reading.
Previous Council Action
On April 11, 2022 Council gave 1st Reading of the draft OCP Bylaw No. 800. The following actions have taken place since 1st Reading was granted:
- April 12, 2022 - Referral letters were sent to relevant jurisdictions and outside agencies for review and comments;
- April 12, 2022 - The Regional Context Statement was forwarded to the CRD Board for consideration;
- April 12-May 13, 2022 - submission period for the public to make comment on Bylaw no. 800;
- May 7, 2022 - OCP Open House held at the Sooke Community Hall;
- May 16, 2022 - Committee of the Whole workshop for chapter review of Bylaw No. 800
- May 18, 2022 - The CRD Planning and Protective Services Committee considered Sooke's Regional Context Statement favourably and forwarded it to the CRD Board for consideration on June 8, 2022;
- June 8, 2022 - The CRD Board accepted Sooke's Regional Context Statement;
- June 15, 2022 - Committee of the Whole workshop for chapter review of Bylaw No. 800;
- July 19, 2022 - Committee of the Whole workshop for chapter review of Bylaw No. 800;
- July 20, 2022-August 31, 2022 - Revisions compiled for consideration at 2nd Reading.