June 19th Committee of the Whole Scheduled to Talk About OCP
The District of Sooke’s Official Community Plan (OCP) is approaching the final stages of development and we want to hear from you!
More than 2,000 persons have participated in updating Sooke’s OCP over the last two(+) years and as Council works towards adoption of this critical long-range planning document that guides decision-making, they are seeking to refine and clarify some aspects so that the plan most effectively supports the community’s vision:
Sooke is a small town with a big heart. It is a vibrant net-zero emissions community, cradled in the stunning beauty and vitality of the ocean and forest.
This conversation, where specific feedback is received as we work together to finalize the OCP, is the one we’re looking to have on June 19th.
On June 19, 2023 at 1 pm a Committee of the Whole meeting will be held for:
- Interested partners to provide specific input on OCP Bylaw No. 800 (2022);
- District of Sooke Council to hear from partners about what works and where there are concerns with OCP Bylaw No. 800 (2022) to help realize the community’s vision; and
- District staff to respond to questions and seek further clarification from partners as the plan is revised before a new public hearing is held.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Those attending the June 19, 2023 meeting will have the opportunity to make a 5-minute presentation (one 5-minute presentation per speaker).
- Those wishing to make a presentation must provide their presentation slides to Corporate Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than noon on Wednesday, June 14, 2023.
- Please reserve your presentation by contacting Corporate Services directly.
Provide Written Correspondence
- Email Corporate Services at email@example.com or deliver written correspondence to: District of Sooke Municipal Hall, Attn: Corporate Services, 2205 Otter Point Road, Sooke BC V9Z 1J2
- Written correspondence received by noon on Friday, June 16, 2023 will be included in a supplemental agenda package posted at sooke.ca/meetings by 4:30pm (on June 16th).
- Correspondence received after this deadline and before June 19, 2023 will be provided to staff.
- The June 19, 2023 meeting will be live-streamed on the District’s YouTube channel for those unable to attend in person and those wishing to view the recording at a later date.
- Information received through this period (now until June 19, 2023) will be used to inform updates to the OCP before a new public hearing is held later this year.