Council to Receive Follow-up Report on Next Steps with DRAFT OCP Bylaw No. 800 (2022)
At the March 20, 2023 Council meeting,the Director of Planning and Development presented a report about the status of the Official Community Plan (OCP) review, and next-step options available to Council.
Council's discussion included:
- The process required to reignite the OCP review.
- Additional information about the OCP has been received by the District and Council since the OCP's public hearing.
- The OCP document could be reorganized to enhance clarity.
- There are no resources currently allocated to making substantial changes to the document. However, the goal is to produce a document that will not need amendments in the future.
Decision - carried unanimously:
- THAT the Committee of the Whole recommend Council direct staff to bring a report back to the April 11, 2023, Regular Council meeting regarding a proposed schedule for adoption of the OCP, including legal advice on next steps that includes scheduling a Committee of the Whole meeting with an invite extended to local and regional builders, developers and stakeholders.
Staff have sought a legal opinion regarding the next steps for Council consideration of the Official Community Plan, and will present this information including a decision-tree on the next steps at the April 11, 2023 Council meeting.