Council Gives Second Reading to Official Community Plan Bylaw: Public Hearing Scheduled for September 27, 2022
At the September 8, 2022, Special Council meeting, the District of Sooke Council gave Second Reading to the Official Community Plan (OCP) Bylaw No. 800. A Public Hearing has been scheduled for Tuesday, September 27, 2022, at 7:00 p.m.
To participate in the public hearing, you can:
Provide a written submission before 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 27th.
- Email – send your submission to Corporate Services at email@example.com.
- Mail – address your submission to Corporate Services, Municipal Hall, 2205 Otter Point Road, Sooke BC V9Z 1J2.
- In-person – place your submission, addressed to Corporate Services, in the drop-box located at the main entrance of Municipal Hall at any time before the submission deadline or delivered to reception during office hours, Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Address Council during the hearing, in person.
- The Hearing will take place in Council Chambers at District of Sooke Municipal Hall starting at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 27, 2022. Overflow space is available, if needed, in the adjacent Fire Services Lounge.
- Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. for those wishing to attend the Public Hearing. Persons wishing to speak, may sign up on arrival and throughout the Hearing.
- While speakers are not restricted to speaking duration, (speaker) limitations to assist with equity and fairness of all who wish to speak and avoid redundancy may be made at the call of the Chair.
Note: Written submissions must be received by 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 21st to be included in the Agenda Package. Items received after this time and before 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 27th will be included in the Supplemental Agenda Package.