Participate in the Citizen Budget Survey & Service Level Review
The CITIZEN BUDGET SURVEY is now live!
Using the Citizen Budget survey, residents can enter their property assessment and see how their tax dollars are distributed between district service areas. Through the survey, residents can also:
- share where they feel resources should be increased or decreased across the District’s budget;
- rate the importance of services;
- advise on satisfaction levels and;
- provide additional comments.
Please allow 15 minutes to participate.
Recognizing some residents may prefer to provide feedback through a print form, print surveys will be distributed via the Sooke News Mirror on Thursday, September 2nd with additional copies available at the Sooke Municipal Hall and upcoming local events.
For those who would prefer to participate by phone, please call 250.642.1634 and District staff would be happy to assist you.
This survey will remain open until Sunday, September 26th.
Connect in Person:
In addition to the online and print survey, District Council members and staff will be conducting community pop-ups to answer resident’s questions about the District’s budget. Stop by and say "hello":
- Thursday, September 2, 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Thursday Night Market, Sooke Region Museum
- Tuesday, September 7, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at A & W, 6660 Sooke Road
- Wednesday, September 8, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., SEAPARC Leisure Complex, 6168 Phillips Road
- Thursday, September 9, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., The Stick, 6715 Eustace Road
- Friday, September 10, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., Whiffin Spit
- Saturday, September 18, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Celebrate Sooke! at John Phillips Memorial Park
- Tuesday, September 21, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., The Stick, 6715 Eustace Road
- Wednesday, September 22, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., LIttle Vienna, 6726 W. Coast Road
- NEW LOCATION! Thursday, September 23, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Broomhill Playground, 2280 Pyrite Drive
- NEW LOCATION! Friday, September 24, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., John Phillips Memorial Park, 2201 Otter Point Rd
- Saturday, September 25, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Sooke Country Market at John Phillips Memorial Park
Schedule updated September 22, 2021 with new pop-up locations for September 23 & 24.